Procurement Contract Specialist
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The procurement/contracts specialist will report to the procurement manager and will serve as the primary point of contact for all commercial and contractual affairs of Surge Energy.
- Manage our contractor/supplier risk through the use of Master Service Agreements, Insurance and vetting of contractors.
- Take lead role in negotiating MSA terms and conditions with contractors utilizing the legal department as necessary.
- Ensure insurance requirements are being met by Contractor and liaise with HSE department to ensure contractors HSE program meets our requirements.
- Develops Contracting Plan with other departments and formulates category strategy for strategic categories.
- Responsible for oversight of the category strategy.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements, and presentations to team leadership and other management in support of category management.
- Takes the lead role and in bidding goods and services including: preparation of RFP documents, formulation of pricing strategy with end user, review of scope of work, pre-bid meetings, bid openings, coordination of technical evaluation, commercial evaluation, Management approval and contract award.
- Sources, negotiates, awards and documents purchases for materials, services and supplies.
- Develops KPI’s and Contract Scorecards for performance measurement of strategic category contractors and suppliers.
- Takes the lead role in scheduling Contractor performance meetings.
- Close coordination is required with Finance, Legal, HSE and User Departments.
- Works closely with the project team and project leads to support planning of capital projects.
- Proven working experience as a procurement/contracts specialist
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross‐discipline professionals and individuals at all levels.
- Must have good written, verbal communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret policies, programs, and regulations.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and ensure prompt completion of tasks and assignments.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently. Relies on minimal instructions and pre-established guidelines and timetables to perform the functions of the job.
- Competent with Microsoft Office products, Internet, and other database programs.
- Demonstrates a personal work style that is consistent with Surge’s values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Excellence and Transparency.
Qualifications and Experience
- Five years of Procurement / Supply Chain Management experience, two of such years in the oil and gas business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or relevant degree from a recognized university. Masters holders are also welcome to apply.