Business Development Analyst – Intern
Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
UMAI is a software provider that helps restaurants to save time and increase revenues by automating manual tasks, minimize last minute cancellations, upsell customers more effectively and provide more personalized service.
The team has extensive experience in building internet companies and has been part of building some of the largest e-commerce ventures in the Asia Pacific Region. Founded by the former MD of Foodpanda.sg, the largest food delivery service in Singapore, and a member of the founding-team of Nova Founders Capital, a fintech focused Venture Capital firm based out of London & Hong Kong.
This is not a formal corporate role. We are looking for someone who has a “hustle” attitude, who is results driven, comfortable with ambiguity, is a self-starter and has a sense of humor.
- Support strategic and daily business which includes expanding the business in current markets as well as develop it in new markets alongside a highly entrepreneurial and international team
- Take over your own project(s), where you’ll be responsible for leading a team and developing a strategic plan in areas such as business development, process implementation and optimization, marketing, recruitment, and more
- Opportunity to develop sales analytics, SaaS metrics, financial modelling, market research and process optimization
- Responsibility for lead generation and acquisition of top restaurant brands in Kuala Lumpur
- Manage relationships with restaurants by providing professional, excellent customer service and setting realistic expectations for the partnership in in-person meetings with restaurant owners
- Stay abreast of new openings, and attend important industry events
- You have studied or are studying Business, Economics, Computer Science, or similar subjects.
- Ability to develop new business, approaching new prospective clients quickly and successfully
- You’re goal oriented, and have superb organization skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- You have an entrepreneurial way of thinking and interest or experience in project management or entrepreneurship
- You have a keen interest in the startup world
What We Offer
- Learn and work with some of the best entrepreneurs in the world. We give you insights to all relevant aspects of founding a company and the opportunity to build up a huge, international, meaningful network.
- A dynamic and highly motivated team with flat hierarchies
- Great working atmosphere with an international team coming from 17 nationalities
- Challenging and diversified tasks with direct responsibility
- You will work on the company’s further improvement and development while working together closely with the CEO – thereby acquiring insight into the entrepreneurial life
- We can only consider applications from candidates who are able to stay with us at least 4 months, in order that you can take full ownership of your projects!
- We offer a compensation from 500 to 750RM depending on your experience
We thrive on the diversity of our company with a team coming from over 12 different nationalities thus, no matter where you are in the world, we urge you to apply!Apply for this job.