Assistant Manager – Procurement
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Beacon International Specialist Centre Sdn Bhd
- On the procurement and materials management function of the organization including but not limited to medical materials, general supplies, radiology supplies, capital expenditure items and services.
- To source, canvas, recommend and procure the above items requested by various departments of the medical centre and ensuring the organization obtain the best rates and or prices while meeting quality and specification criteria prescribed the users.
- To ensure all items required by various department are sourced and received in a timely manner.
- To negotiate the best credit terms offered by vendors and service provides to the organization.
- To ensure all documents are organized and filed in a systematic manner to facilitate audit trails and ensure that procurement policies of the organization are observed at all times.
- To ensure quality control for all items procured for all departments.
- To formulate and recommend new or changes to procurement and material management policies for the improvement in control and operation of the organization.
- To ensure all inventories of the company are properly managed and kept to the optimum level or (just in time) at all times ensuring users have the stocks when needed.
- To source and arrange for alternatives with suppliers or other service providers in the event of a stock out due to various reasons.
- To ensure inventory data are accurate and up-to-date all the time and minimize stock variances through periodical stock take.
- To formulate the coding policies and structures for all materials and ensure that all new materials are coded and up-dated into the material management systems.
- To communicate and liaise with vendors and all department heads and any other relevant persons to ensure effective implementation and execution of tasks in its function.
- To distribute the items procured to all departments.
- To perform other tasks and duties as may be delegated by superiors from time to time.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, any related field.
- At least 5 year(s) of working experiences in the related field is required for this position.