Assistant Manager – Biomedical
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Beacon International Specialist Centre Sdn Bhd
A) Adherence and compliance to all statutory requirements including Machineries, Act, OSH Act, etc. and company accreditation standards. It is achieved by:-
- Develop, implement and monitor standard operating policies and procedures that are in line with the requirements of the relevant Acts, Statutes and Regulations in relation to Biomedical Engineering.
- Renewing all the biomedical equipment licenses in time for the yearly Hospital license renewal.
B) Ensure that the department operational functions are carried out accordingly to assure 100% uptime or minimal downtime of all biomedical equipment. It is achieved by:-
- Ensure that all essential functional works are to be completed in time.
- Ensure that all the maintenance works are performed as per guidelines and protocols of medical devices and audit their use and effectiveness.
- Monitor all outsourced contract works on medical equipment to ensure they are in good working condition and conform to the designed safety standards.
- Implement and prepare work instructions for planned maintenance programs accordingly to schedule.
- Ensure that all job request received are attended to immediately according to the Key Performance Indicator (KPI) of department.
- Ensure the equipment and machineries proper handling and storing to avoid damage.
- Maintain the necessary inventory of spare parts and tools to enable in-house staff to perform first level service response in a timely manner.
C) Ensure that all biomedical equipment are safe for use by staff, doctors, visitors and patient. It is achieved by:-
- Develop and implement work instructions and Standard Operating policies (SOP) in relation to biomedical engineering.
- Work with the Hospital’s Safety Officer to implement, monitor and train staff in all relevant occupational health and safety programs.
- Work with the user department to ensure that new equipment are received, calibrated and commissioned prior to installation and use in the end-user areas.
- Work with the equipment vendors/suppliers to implement periodic training for user and biomedical engineering staff.
D) Cost-effective management of the department and of all equipment within the jurisdiction of the department. It is achieved by:-
- Work in the process of procure new device by providing technical advice and support in relation to medical device.
- Monitor and coordinate to perform calibration of all test equipment.
- Work with Senior Management and User department on return of investment (ROI) for new medical device, budget planning, cost saving of spare part replacement and contract management negotiation prior to the renewal of service contract.
- Degree in Bio-Medical / Electronics / Electrical / Medical Electronics / Instrumentation / Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience in a Hospitality Industry, preferably with Hospital environment and knowledge in bio-medical equipment and machinery is essential.
- Advanced knowledge in testing and commissioning methodologies and instruments; or availability of such resources / services.
- Strong analytical thinking, team leadership and effective communications skills.
- Working knowledge of bio-medical equipment database administration systems.
- Working knowledge of relevant statutes, and accreditation standards.
- Computer literate.